EvidenceWorks® is the UK’s leading solution for the management of digital evidence. The solution is in use in 14 UK Police forces and Criminal Justice agencies, with solutions ranging from standalone interview recording units to a fully networked, multi-media Digital Evidence Management solution encompassing interviews, CCTV, Body Worn Video, Crime Scene Forensic imagery and public provision media.
Over 1000 EvidenceWorks® purpose designed evidential interview recording units have managed 1 million recordings across the UK and is the widest used PACE compliant networked interview recording solution in the UK.
The latest version of EvidenceWorks®, Release 6.0, is commencing rollout now and includes an enhanced user experience in a web client.
This new version supports the automatic upload of evidence from Reveal Media Body Worn Video cameras as well as continuing support for the upload of Interviews, CCTV, Forensics images, Public Provision and more.
Release 6.0 also introduces the Multi-Media Edit Studio which brings the video preparation for Court capabilities of EvidenceWorks®, including new semi-automatic video redaction, into one simple to use suite.
Development of the platform continues apace through 2018 with support for UK Policing’s Digital First DETS programme and a Secure Data Publishing Portal that will support multi-agency sharing of digital evidence by the Police.
The Secure Data Publishing Portal allows evidence to be published to authorised organisations and individuals in a variety of ways:
- Download or stream files online
- Restrict the number plays online
- Time-limited access to files
EvidenceWorks® is a proven, enterprise solution that has been built specifically to support the digital future of policing:
- Reducing the risk of data loss through secure, robust storage and data sharing capabilities
- Cost saving through the removal of the need for media storage and transport
- Transforming operations through enabling process change and delivery of efficiencies
The EvidenceWorks® Suite
Provide continuity of evidence from ‘capture to court’ of digital assets — securely and consistently manage all digital evidence
- Access and usage governed by enterprise role based security model
- Full audit trail of all actions performed with digitally signed media
- Consistent approach across all media and sources
- Supports MoPI guidance and process
Remove or reduce silo'd IT systems and associated business practises
- Facilitate streamlined working across teams and investigations
- Configurable workflow supports business process and allows changing processes over time
- Simplify IT administration, support and security management
- Provide 24x7x365 support with appropriate SLA’s for enterprise DEM platform
Technology ‘agnostic’ approach — DEM independent of BWV
- Supports multiple Body Worn Video cameras allowing a mixed camera estate
- Reduces risk of Body Worn Video vendor ‘lock-in’ at tech refresh stage
Ready for integration with local, regional or national data sharing requirements and standards
- A single point of data streaming and transfer
Protect specialist video processing teams and facilities for serious crime
- Enable digital media for volume crime to be handled by officers in case without recourse to specialist video/technical teams
- Reduced or removed need for DVD burning and physical media handling
Reduced or eliminated costs for DVD media, transportation and media burning time/equipment
- Significantly reduced risk of data loss and DPA breaches
Supports flexible storage solutions which change over time
- On premise, tiered & private secure cloud options are available.
Protect core transactional processing systems / Records Management Systems from demands of video streaming and editing
- RMS cross referencing and integration
Supports evidence-type specific processes
- Streamlined transcription support for digital interviews
- ‘Real-time’ live monitoring of in-progress interviews across the network
Strategic roadmap — active product investment and development focussed on policing priorities
- Facilitate the support of new and emerging technology and business process improvements such as the real-time capture and upload from officer smartphones captured at the scene of a reported crime